Feb 5, 2011 Rent Apartments FAQ
Posted by tomo
Question by Nympheas: Is is legal for an apartment manager to raise one tenant’s rent if another tenant moves out?
My mother lives in an apartment complex that is Equal Housing Opportunity. She doesn’t make much money but when she does get a raise her rent goes up a bit, which is to be expected.
Now, what boggles my mind is that whenever one of her neighbors (that also live in the same complex) move out, the apartment manager raises her rent and everyone elses in the complex to make up for the difference. There are about 8 different complexes that belong to these apartments and each complex has 8 units. So when one person moves out 7 other tenants have their rent raised and when someone else moves in the rent stays up and doesnt come back down.
So! My question, is this legal?
Answer by kcracer1
they can set the price to what ever they want. They have bills that need paid as well. any quetions concerning legalities should be directed to a Lawyer
What do you think? Answer below!
- 5/02 does apartment rent go down during a recession?
- 5/02 What are the standard prices for renting apartments for 2-3 months in New York City?
- 5/02 where can i find cheap apartments for rent in Los Angeles, CA? Can you provide me with a website?
- 5/02 Does anyone know how much arch creek run apartments in Melbourne, Fl rent for?
- 5/02 low income apartments rent?
- 5/02 How much is rent on a mid grade apt/ flat in melbourne australia. I seen on websites you can buy apartments ?
- 4/02 Q&A: best source to find apartments/living for rent.?
- 4/02 Q&A: after how many years can you rent an apartment when you’ve been evicted?
- 4/02 Where can I find good and affordable apartments in Herndon VA?
- 4/02 Q&A: which apartments in the polaris area of cols, oh are inexpensive to rent but still nice?
- 4/02 Q&A: How much can apartment rent be increased in California?
- 4/02 Where to rent an apartment in Manhattan?
- 4/02 In college, should I live in the dorms, or rent an apartment near the campus?
- 4/02 What towns or cities have the lowest rent on apartments?
- 4/02 Can i claim my rent for my apartment on taxes if there were no dorms for my school and im away from home?
- 4/02 How does apartment rent work for the month of February since its only 28 days long? Is it prorated?
- 4/02 Apartments based on your income in Northeast Ohio.?
- 4/02 can i check someone credit if applying to rent an apartment?
- 3/02 NICE Apartments for rent in Homewood/South Birmingham Alabama?
- 3/02 I just got a new pad. Where’s the best place to rent apartment furniture?